Skip to main content

A Long Weekend

Dansa's visit was a very highly needed experiment for her.  She brought her new dog with her, and it would be their first time traveling, the dog's longest time around a kid, and the first time Oliver had another dog stay the night.

I will preface this by saying that Oliver is the most patient and well behaved puppy ever, and deserves all the hugs and snuggles he could ever want.  He was far better with the whole situation than I ever could have asked from him, and it made me even more appreciative to have him as a furry baby (because it is absolutely how he sees himself).

Dansa's pup did alright with Squishy, especially considering that she got a little too excited at times and started treating this pup like Oliver, which is more than most dogs could ever deal with.  I had to tell her to back off a few times, just so pup could wind down a little.

That being said, Dansa is remarkably unaware of her dog.  The pup has developed resource aggression over her, because she leaves so often and has not given the dog enough time to really settle in.  The pup doesn't listen because there's no change in language when she's in trouble or doing something she shouldn't.  There was a ton of things that I was noticing very easily just looking at the pup's behavior, that she was completely clueless to.

Needless to say, she won't be visiting with the dog again for a while, and has a lot to work on.

And after all that, I made the plans to come visit Lux at the same time that Dansa was heading home.  I had figured it would be a fairly quiet bus, and I could help her with the pup, then mosey over to my train.  Well, that was the plan.

We wound up on a bus that was standing room only into the city, and being caught in traffic, so I lost half my time that I had previously had to get to the train station.  As I got to the building, I put my bags down, pulled out my ticket, and they announced they were starting to board for my train already.  So I had to grab all my stuff and navigate to the end of an insanely long queue for my train. 

It was a long weekend, and a long trip up, but now I'm here.  Oliver has quiet for a while.  Everyone can relax for a bit.

Comments