Skip to main content

Taking Advantage

Remember that wedding I mentioned dropping out of recently?  The one Lux was also supposed to be in?

So, we got the invites.

I got mine the day before heading up to Lux's place.  Squishy handed me the envelope, and I see "[Loki Taviel] and Guest" on the front.  Apparently I had a plus one available.  I wondered why it was worded that way, and thought that maybe they just did that for both myself and Lux because my address was more on hand.

The next day, I get up to New York, and Lux mentions one of them asking for his address.  Silly situations with this aside, I tell him that I had gotten an invite with a plus one.  We express our confusion, but create a fun idea.

Monday morning he tells me he has his invite in the mail, and he also has a plus one.

So, fun idea is in motion.  We will each invite an additional member of our polycules, and take over a table making an awkward situation with everyone.  Openly holding hands and being affectionate with any of our partners which are there, unashamed not worried about all the family of our friends not knowing our situation.

Maybe they did it on purpose for a multitude of reasons, but it's more fun to take advantage of this mess of an event.

Comments