Skip to main content

Without Planning or Chaos

I'm home now from my week with Lux, and it was remarkably unremarkable, in the best of ways.

There was only one evening where we went out, to a place we had gone to last year, with some excellent food and a long beer list.  We ate far too much food, and enjoyed the place just as much as the first time.

Other than that though, it was just calm.  No ton of running around, or events to work.  We took care of our everyday things, and relaxed, and had time together when we could.  We got around to playing a game together that we had intended to for a while, and finally tried the card game I had gotten him for Christmas.

Before I went out there I said that I had just wanted a visit with minimal expectation, and just having time together.  We both needed it after how things have been lately.  The summer has been difficult for us, and just time was definitely something necessary.

And, while it wasn't some magical experience, it was certainly helpful.  For me, at the very least.  Time to just enjoy being away with him, but still in some manner of normal routine.  It was centering for me, both alone and in regards to us.  We've had a long period of time focusing on building a healthy and transparent dynamic, and it's something I am always grateful for.

I think we need more time like this soon.  While adventure is fun, just the chance to be is always the best.

Comments