Skip to main content

Zero to Sixty

Coming into August, there was very little planned.  The gnome had left the month in the air in regards to taking Squishy, given the hectic nature of the wedding, and said he might only take her for a long weekend.  Camp is the end of summer, right before Squishy starts school, so it isn't an option for me, and means I don't see people there either.

Well, after talking to Lux and telling him that the month was empty, I made plans with Dansa.  She said she wanted to come down for a weekend with her new pup, and see how she would get along with Oliver.  That booked up a weekend right in the middle of the month.

And a bit over a week ago, the gnome decided he was taking Squishy.  He handed some dates to her without talking to me, and after confronting him to adjust them, which I may talk about later, Squishy agreed to an amount of time she and I both were happier with.  This meant a random week that I wouldn't have a Squishy home.

Given how this summer has gone, my immediate thought was the chance to see Lux again this summer.  It's been a really difficult one for the two of us, and after having one trip cancelled, it was nice to have this random chance to for just some quiet time together.

And after a mess of a week, the plans were finalized, and tickets bought.

So I'm on a train now.  Waiting impatiently to get north, and spend the time up there with him.  With little intention to run around, and do, and instead just wanting to enjoy time together.

Sometimes, you need to just at the chance to take advantage of things when they happen.

Comments