Skip to main content

Abort!

Weekend before last I went to see a friend for the day.  Last year he had asked Lux and I to be in his wedding, and despite the fact that I don't like her, I agreed.  I told them that if at all possible I wanted to be in a suit, and they agreed.  That day, I saw them argue about every little detail of everything.

Fast forward a few months, no one has gotten fitted for these suits, but we're all sent links to kilts and jackets on Amazon, and told this is the new plan.  These, while I could attempt to figure out sizing, wouldn't even get close to fitting Lux.  A month later yet, and we're told that they're using one specific kilt shop in Jersey, and everyone needs to go there to get measured.

Well, fast forward to a week and a half ago, and no one has gotten measured yet.  They get married in November.  At the same time, every time I talk to them, they can't decide something else. 

So without anything ever being solid, and lack of information, and all the clusterfuck going on, on top of how I don't like her, I decided that there was no way I could part of that wedding.  It would be the most appropriate for me to have that talk in person, which would have made the perfect chance while we were hanging out to have that talk.

And I would have, but I didn't get to.

Because she threw fits all day.

Storming out of stores, yelling at him, stomping away in a huff, just leaving when we're doing things.  She threw all manner of fits over everything the entire day, and it's difficult to start the sort of conversation I needed to have when they're both angry with each other.

I called the next day, and did have the conversation.  I explained that because there's a lot going on at home, and with how in the air everything is where crunch time is happening, I couldn't be a part of the wedding.  He understood, and then tried to talk to me about the night prior.  He confronted her, and she didn't apologize, but gave excuses as to why she spent the day attacking him. 

The idea that she could justify it, and that any time she is having a difficult time with whatever she's going to continuously attack him until he calls her out on it is not ok.  That she doesn't realize what she's doing and apologize and learn how to communicate and process.

It showed me that while not only do I not like her as a person, but that he's about to marry into a potentially damaging relationship, and that has me worried as hell.

Comments