Skip to main content

Finally Ready

Thanksgiving is done, and we're into December, and I'm finally now feeling ready for winter and the holidays.  Christmas has vomited all over the house, and we've dug ourselves out of the mountain of decorations.  I'm slowly trying to adjust for the lack of cookiepocalypse, and all the different baking that will happen this year (although I'm not looking forward to that having been forced on me, and Squishy has also voiced her disapproval).

I've also been working to get ahead on a lot of things.  There are a lot of things I've been able to get ahead on, and try to get done in the next couple of weeks.  The pre-planning is strong, just in case I do some travelling over the new year, but I'm managing it all really well.

I have to say, I'm still not looking forward to all the family and obligation of holidays, but I'm ready for winter, and the things I want to do.  I want to bake, and cook lots of warm comfort foods, and spend time under blankets with tea and cocoa.  To sit and read, or catch up with movies.

Winter sounds good, just not the holidays with how they tend to unfold.  I aspire to when I can make holidays what I want, without the bullshit of others.

Comments