Skip to main content

Looking Back

Not only is the year about to end, but an entire decade.  All over social media I've been seeing pictures of people in 2009 next to them now.

And, for me a picture can't do it justice.

So, some major points of the decade:

  • I had a kid
  • I was engaged
  • I ended not one, but two abusive relationships
  • I both lost, and reconnected with my teenage best friend
  • I learned that I am polyamorous, when I don't have abusive partners
  • I had my first belly dance performance, which only encouraged me to learn more
  • I started teaching dance
  • I started publishing my own books
  • I experienced a many many more aspects of kink, and how to build a healthy dynamic
  • I ended toxic friendships, and started new healthy ones
  • I discovered that I am not cisgender
  • I found a proper name for my sexuality

Overall, it's been a decade to learn.  Whether it's learning from good experience, or having to learn the hard way, I've become smarter, wiser, and stronger.

Here's to more learning in the next one!

Comments