Skip to main content

Looking Forward

Coming into the end of the year, Lux has been mentioning goals for next year a lot.  When he first brought it up, I had no idea what I wanted to focus on next year.  Normally, I would have a long list of little tasks I wanted to be able to cross off, but nothing that would necessarily promote growth.

While I do want to continue to learn all sorts of little things, and improve in many ways, I wanted to find something more substantial to try and work on this year.

And, I want to work on me.  More specifically, how to take care of me.

I have over time sort of lost track of how my own self care works.  I know that the more stereotypical gestures don't work, and normally I would look at simply being productive as a way of feeling better and clearing my head.  The problem there is that if I'm not constantly making or doing something, I tend to slowly feel worse and worse, making me think that if I'm not doing something, I'm wasting time and space.

So I need to find the things that while not normally considered productive, help me recharge.  At the same time, I need to convince myself that I can spend time not making something, or knocking tasks off a list. 

Next year I need to build a better me, and that starts with just taking care of my own brain in ways only I can.

Comments