Skip to main content

A Hope for Progress

The weekend of my birthday is supposed to be another gathering at Kitty's place.  The one thing I wanted for my birthday, an unofficial thing happening of just that.  While I'm not trying to push my birthday in anything going on, I'm more than a little happy that I'm getting the simple thing I do want, even if all the people I want to spend it with will likely not be present.

Squishy left earlier this week though, and that would give me a week and a half of being home without her.  A week and a half that I had hoped initially would be spent with Lux, celebrating both our birthdays together, and finally seeing each other after yet more months of distance.  To help him make this new place into a home.

Before I can even consider the risk of seeing him though, he needs more time in quarantine, having just come back from traveling to take care of family matters.  As much as in many ways these things look like selfish acts, we really are all keeping safety in mind.  A strange bubble of concerned and calculated risk.

So that leaves me with a big window of time.  And at the same time, Pyre is going through some things right now, that has her needing support structure, as well as space away from the house with Kitty.  Which got me planning. 

And that means that this weekend, Pyre is coming here for at least a night.  To hug Oliver, and enjoy all the things she doesn't have to deal with down there.  Then we're both heading back down, where I can spend time with Kitty, help around the house, and be supportive toward Pyre.

There's a lot of chances here.  The chance to make things better with Kitty, to help my mind in a lot of ways, to settle Pyre's mind, and maybe even, do some things that would make lives better.

I'm determined to make the most of this, however I can.  The end of 31, and the beginning of 32 will happen by taking care of me and people I care about, even if I don't have the chance to do so for all of them.

Comments