Skip to main content

Awakening

I didn't get to have camp this year, but I very nearly had the next best thing.  The invasion that we planned, albeit for many reasons, created the sort of environment that I had needed from camp, without the risk of hundreds of people all having sex on top of each other.

Everyone didn't even show up who had planned to, which made the entire thing a small gathering of safe people, with as few risk for issues as possible.

We all worked together to try and take care of everything, and were all happy to do so.  It was obvious how much we all needed this, and it created an environment to bring us all closer, while getting the bit of relaxation we needed. 

Throughout the weekend, things kept happening in reflection of where we are mentally.  While everyone was having cups done outside, no one could deal with it.  During harder conversations, people had to walk away and process.  I had to remind everyone at one point or another that we were all compromised given the situation.  We needed this to get the edge of the last few months off.  To enjoy things, while not necessarily having to hold together.  We would be there to put each other back together, and safely do so.

This gave me the time to have an extrovert recharge.  I felt like me, and didn't need to censor myself.

I also had time with some of the people I trust the most.  Shy of Lux, my most supportive people were there.  It also gave exactly the sort of time I needed with Kitty, but that's a big thing in itself.


Comments