Skip to main content

Probably Forever

Shortly after I arrived at Kitty's house, I was bringing my things in, and trying to decide where I was sleeping.  When I left the room that was initially suggested for me to stay in, Kitty was standing in the hallway, saying that he wasn't sure about things like hugs, and I could see the conflict in his face, even with a mask on.

I told him that I was prepared for the risk he came with, and it was his decision.  After continuing to waffle, he nearly flung himself forward to hug me, and we both teared up, a little overwhelmed with everything happening.  Bandaid ripped off, and feeling the relief of not only seeing each other, but getting to hug for the first time in a year.

Over the weekend, while not actively showing affection in front of each other, there were many hugs, which we both needed.  There was a lot of the back and forth that only we have, bouncing off of each other in such an energetic way, which kept everyone entertained.

Saturday night, when almost everyone was asleep, Kitty flopped into my lap and I started scritching through his hair, which caused the same sort of happy melt that it always has.  Pyre saw, and knowing he was going to bed eventually, encouraged him to have time with me.  And so we had our late night talk that has been a strangely important part of our relationship for a an incredibly long time.  Holding hands, and emotional talks about all sorts of things that could have gone forever.

While we were talking, he offered to do cups on my back instead of another friend there.  I jumped on the offer, heavily preferring to have anything that was reliant on me relaxing done by one of the few people I trust absolutely.  I actually wound up staying an extra night in order to make sure we had time, and despite some attempts otherwise, Kitty managed to break all the stress tension in my back.  He didn't need to go hard with the cups, because honestly the warmth and feeling of his hands, and knowing his hands for all these years helped me release all the stress that I was holding.  It was a reminder that we don't have time nearly often enough, but the connection and care we have with each other, even with being cut short.

It was a kickstart of how much we will last through, and still come back with as much love and care, if not more, and I want to work toward keeping that up. 

And I get to see the effect of that work in a couple of weeks, when we see each other again.


Comments