Skip to main content

Digging Out

 The last couple of weeks have had a huge downturn in my mental state.  Both the situations with Squishy, and some other smaller things have caused my mood, motivation, and mental health to be on a continuous downward slope.

It's caused me to not be able to get everything done that I've wanted to during the day, which of course makes me feel worse.  

I'm trying to make myself tackle things in bite sized amounts.  Any progress is still progress, and so long as I'm managing through each thing on my daily list, it means things are being accomplished.

As much as I can, I'm trying to enforce self care.  I'm trying to get back to working out regularly.  I'm trying to eat healthier things, and doing loose calorie tracking, just to get an idea of how it affects me.  Just getting back to working out more often though, has managed to create a bit of an upturn, that I always forget happens.  Even during the start of my cycle, which normally results in me feeling lazy, uncomfortable, and melancholy, I feel at least a bit more energetic, which helps.

It's a few weeks out yet, but I'm hoping to do something while Squishy is gone that might help with touch starvation, and get enough of a break to sort of reset my mental space, and give me some clarity.

It's the spoopy season, and I want to find happiness in it.

Comments