Skip to main content

Making Better

 Last week, I grabbed an app to track what I eat, and my exercise.  I was curious what it would do for me, if I went into it telling myself that I wouldn't remove anything from my diet, but see how it influenced me overall.

It's making me more aware of my movement during the day, and encouraging me to do at least a bit of something every day.  I'm also noticing that I enjoy logging everything in.  It makes me feel like even if I forget some parts of my day, there's still something I completed, and that it's meant to help me be a better, healthier me.

I'm more mindful of what I'm eating as well.  It's not stopping me from things, but it's encouraging me to only eat when I'm actually hungry, and removing all the little bits and snacks throughout the day that I was making excuses for.  It's already had an effect on how my body feels, and how I think it looks as well.  Not massive, and it's that start of change thing that happens, but it's something, and that alone is motivating.

Sure, it's one more thing added to my day, when I'm having trouble keeping up due to my mental state, but if this helps me be in a better space, I'll get this done, and more than I was doing before anyway.

Comments