Skip to main content

Home to a Pile

Leading up to Pax, I tried to keep things tied up well enough that I didn't feel like I was overwhelmed with things I should be doing instead of having fun.  It's a fairly normal thing for me, to have things I wait to start on, or time things out so I have a window of very little left in progress when I am traveling.

I knew that when I got back, it would be back to drawing for me again.  I had taken a couple of months off from drawing for books to keep myself from burning out, and so it gave me a good chunk of time to work on other things.  And I have, in many ways.

I knew coming back, I would have a good many things to do, and plenty to keep me busy, but things have turned in a way that have me looking at a mountain of things to do.

In the first two days alone of being back, I was reminded that I have a ton of baking to do, was asked to do sewing, and asked to make a pattern for a project I would have to paint soon after.

Put that on top of my own constant projects, and other things that I want to tackle soon, and I have a lot to accomplish before the next break in routine.

It's made my brain go swirling around with everything going on, and made it hard to concentrate.  It's not a bad swirling, but an overstimulation of thoughts.  Like juggling what could be one too many things, but knowing that if I keep it going for just long enough, that one goes away, and it'll be manageable.

There's much to do, lots to think about, and many things to overcome.

Comments