Skip to main content

Swirling

There's been a lot going on in my head since returning from Pax.  It's not all bad, but simply taking in everything that happens around me, and trying to give it all some time and exploration.

I've had people wanting to make time for me.  People who appreciate my patience, and how it's given with only the smallest bit of presence in return.

While at dinner one day, I asked Lux how much I was going to need to ask for in regards to us being covered for Fusion.  He said he wasn't sure about the event, and rather than having that disappointment over him not wanting to be there, my mind went elsewhere.

I thought about how nice it was last year when he and I had a week that was figured out somewhat last minute, but we had very little plans.  We just enjoyed each other, were present when we could be, and had time we needed together. 

We made that effort to give time.  And that means a lot to me.  I realized I need more from people than saying we'll go to an event, and happen to get to see each other while we're there.  I want people who will make the time.

And I think that's something I want to prioritize this year.  Encouraging time where there are no extra reasons to be together, but simply wanting to be with the other people. 

There are some things that mean a million times more than others, and sometimes that's just the intention of wanting to see someone.

Comments