Skip to main content

Something New for All

We're all being affected by COVID, and so I have a feeling my next few posts will have to do with that. 

Squishy is homeschooling for at least two weeks.  It's a good thing I get everything done from home, and know how to do the work she's currently doing, so I can help her while trying to get things done myself.

At first she was excited, and wanted me to lay out her day, do school work on the weekends, and all manner of things.  She has since woken up, and realized that this isn't playing school, but actually having to create her own sense of self-motivation, and buckle down to get through things.  She's losing steam as soon as she has anything that isn't a quick assignment, despite my making sure she has plenty of different things to do during the day.

It's very different from how I was as a kid, and still am, as someone who wants to constantly get things done and accomplished.  I was the kind of kid who would have tried to knock out all the work given in a single day, and then spent the rest of the two weeks pestering my parents because I had nothing to do.  I however, also know that I was always the first kid done with academic things, and that has carried over into adulthood, with the same being true when I was back studying medicine.

In the meantime though, I'm teachermom, and trying to kick her in the butt while doing things myself.  This virus is hard in a lot of ways, some of which are just the aspects of having to get through everyday life.

Comments