Skip to main content

Pox Free

Lux and I made it to Pax and home again, after a lot of difficult obstacles and things.  I've even managed to get through my first one without catching any sort of pax flu, despite how common it is for everyone to catch.

Mostly, we were there to spend time with friends.  It was a good social time, even if a reminder of how I am far more extroverted than everyone else.  There were also reminders that how Lux and I work is far more subtle and unique than the other dynamics often around us.  It often makes me happy that people don't quite get how we work.  Like a reminder that we really have made something that just fits us.

However, it was my first pax, and it was a really interesting sort of event.  I don't think this year was as busy as intended due to corvid, but there were so many fantastic cosplays, and still plenty of lines.  I saw a ton of smaller titles that caught my interest, and had a bunch of tabletop games brought back to the front of my mind that I had wanted to play.

I will say, there was a stage with people playing just dance, but they had a version that I'm less familiar with on, so I decided not to play.  Now I just know I need to learn all the songs ever so I can kick ass no matter which title they have.

Walking the floor though, I noticed a distinct lack of horror titles.  I don't know if it's just not the sort of thing to bring to Pax, but this may be a sad year for spoops.

It was a fun event to experience though, and something I would like to see every few years I think, with enough time for gaming trends to change, and there to be enough different that it stays interesting.

I also would like that in the future I don't have the trip home that I did this time.  It wasn't horrendous, but was certainly a long day, and left me exhausted.

It was worth it though.  Every moment.

Comments