Skip to main content

Some Strange Body Things

About a week ago I went onto Facebook.

At the top of my feed, was a picture memory.  A photo of a shoot I had done to help a photographer in the area who was starting a new project.  I was in some amount of dance stuff, and I saw how my body has changed over the years, and how I presented my body.

And yes, my body has changed.  I some ways that I'm both happy, and unhappy with, even without my dysmorphia speaking for me.  I also present myself a bit differently.  And I noticed that as I went into all my old pictures.  Looking at the things I had changed that I thought I needed to do differently in order feel more put together.

I noticed, looking at those pictures, exactly what I was trying to change about my body when I made that change, and wondered if I was helping or hindering with what I had done.  Was I making the change in my body more noticeable, or was I actually avoiding the look that I feared due to my dysmorphia.

The thoughts and concepts spun in my head, but not in a bad way.  In a way that made me curious.  Willing to try things, and see if, along with the better habits I've been building, I can feel better about the body I'm in.

Maybe self care can be as simple trying a different type of clothing.

Comments