Skip to main content

Adjusting

I started this lockdown ready to work out, and clean, and do a ton of things.  Even with Squishy being home, I was determined to do as much as I could, and be productive, while also having a kid home, and everyone else.

And the first couple of weeks went pretty well.  I was doing solid exercise, did a deep clean on my room, and was a machine with drawing.  I felt like I could maintain it, and wasn't pushing too hard.

Then around the third week, I just wasn't feeling it.  And I know part of it was because I was drained from no social contact.  I let physical activity slip, I was feeling burnt with art, and a ton of other things.

The following weeks I've been trying to do lots of different things.  Make sure I have extra projects, do little bits of cleaning, and taking breaks from drawing. 

I've started playing more video games, and even for just a couple of hours a day, it's helpful.  It's a small thing that helps me do something just for me, and doesn't need to result in having something at the end.  I'm finishing stories that I hadn't done before, and that's something I would normally make excuses to avoid.

I'm doing whatever my body wants for a workout, rather than trying to make a routine.

I'm adapting, and finally, I'm having more social time.  I'm pushing for regular calls with others, which is helpful to everyone, and it's keeping me busy, but I'm feeling more charged and energized to keep going. 

This is not forever, but I'm learning to do what I need for me.

Comments