Skip to main content

Finally

 Weeks ago, I put the idea into Lux's head that he should come for Rosh Hashanah.  That it would be a smaller holiday, and we wouldn't be inviting that many people, and still give him enough notice that he could sort of get his mind ready to go and do something again.

And coming up to the holiday, I didn't get much notice from him on it.  No real answer either way about him coming to visit, which I understood, but was still difficult, because I wasn't sure what to do in some cases.

He did show up though.  Just for a night rather than a full weekend, but time when we didn't have some running about to do, and could just catch up, be silly, and enjoy time together.

It was everything I've wanted since the pandemic started.  No massive event, or elaborate adventure.  Just curled up with each other, with nothing remarkable going on.  

I remember waking up in the morning, with his arms around me, and while all the sex we had was certainly beneficial for us, just that aspect of snuggling in brought me such a contented peace.  Even if just before, and days after the weekend have been incredibly stressful, there were moments while he was around when I felt myself lighter from the anxiety and difficulty being taken off of me.

In many ways, I hope that time helped him just as much, even if some things are still hard for him right now.  And I hope that we can have more time like this soon.

Comments