Skip to main content

The Right Word

While at Kitty's the last time, getting ready for dinner one evening, I threw one of my random lockdown thoughts at Fox and someone else. 

And they leaned on the island in the kitchen, looking at me, wondering about how it would work as well.

I posted a while back about how I get torn over how to explain my sexuality.  Over only being attracted to men, but how my lack of gender messes with that in how I talk about it, without picking a side within the binary, for myself or others.

And of course, the two of them just tried to tell me to use the term "queer" but I've spoken about my dislike of that.  We also then discussed that with "queer" comes the assumption of some level of pansexuality, which doesn't fit for me at all.

And so weeks passed, and then on facebook I saw someone mentioning their sexuality, and said they were androsexual, and my brain lit up.  A quick google, and I learned that it was a very clear term that explained an attraction to men, and those who identify as male or masculine.

There, something just perfect.  Exactly what I wanted, without any reference as to my own gender. 

It took a while, but now I have more of the right words to explain me.

Comments