Skip to main content

The One You Deserve

The rest of my time down with Kitty was a project.  Pyre is back down with him, sort of.  Lux helped move her back down, which meant getting some time with him, even if it was a short bit of time.  I would have liked to get some more time with him in, but he is digging out of his own life to get things managed, so I'm hoping we get time soon, but wasn't going to push.

At the same time, Kitty was trying to deal with Fox leaving for some number of months.  Not just with the emotional aspect, but the mess that was the packing and prep process.  It was a long stressful situation that had Kitty running beyond fumes, and then the days afterward left him very not ok.

It was hard, because half of my time there he really didn't have the spoons for me to be there.  It wasn't until the last day or so of my visit that he was prepared to actually have time with me, or contact, or anything.  There was this long period where I wanted nothing more than to help him, or try to make things easier on him, and he couldn't tell me anything, because he's so adverse to asking for help.

I'm glad that by the last couple of days, he was able to be silly, and show affection, and be more like him.  Hopefully by the time I see him again, he's gotten into the routine of things, and can happily be himself more often.

I may not have been able to help either of my partners much during this visit, but the goal isn't always to help, but to be present through the bad things as well.

Comments